Friday, July 29, 2016

THAT'S THE THANKS I GET?.....LETTER RESPONDING TO MY RESIGNATION FROM THE FORT PIERCE PARISH

THIS LETTER WAS WRITTEN TO FR. SCOTT IN MIAMI IN RESPONSE TO HIS HAVING TO NOW DEAL WITH  SS CYRIL & METHODIUS PARISH IN FORT PIERCE PARISH.  AFTER YEARS OF DEGRADATION SLANDER AND CALUMNY ON THE PART OF ITS MEMBERS...
I RESIGNED MY POSITION THERE NOVEMBER OF 2014. THE INITIALS OF PERSONS MENTIONED HAVE REPLACED THEIR NAMES TO AVOID EXPOSING THEIR HATEFULNESS!
I sympathize with your dilemma  just sent down South dealing with the Miami parish, and then have to deal with this situation.
Frankly I think Fort Pierce should be closed, since for 17 years of my being there, Christ never sunk in, and what you have there is a brood of vipers starting with ES and her cohort who often stabbed me in the back. You would have thought she would have supported me and came to my defense in the light of unfounded criticism, on the contrary, she agreed with the naysayers all the time who bad mouthed me and then like Judas smiled and pretended to be nice.  Then you have the B's, who I helped financially when their car needed major repairs, now he doesn't know where all the files are when I sent them directly to him?
Then you have ND who was as hateful towards me as she could be after I took care of her bad marriage along with her new husbands, and brought them into good standing.....then you have a member who did a criminal background check on me, and someone else who Googled my name with inflammatory references to find dirt on me.....
And then you have DF who upon my departure broke into the pastor’s locked office and took all the files in the desk and lied about it, took my CPU obviously in an attempt to retrieve personal information; then notified the bishop that icons were missing and at the bishop’s  suggestion he along with ND, DS and ES changed the locks and alarm code on the church...(the bishop claims ignorance of that, and blamed Fr.E, and Fr.E denied it) ....then DF did a property search on my personal house in Orlando to see who else was on the deed as a co-owner and started to spread unsubstantiated and untrue scurrilous rumors to other members in the parish and I’ll spare you reading the nasty emails I received from them.
Not to mention the money I personally spent thousands of dollars on the new kitchen, getting free work and donations from builders I knew....not to mention my getting up at 6AM and working like a dog in the kitchen sometimes with no help making the foods to sell....frustrated that no one cared to lift a finger to help their parish survive......also buying church vessels, and appointments with my own money to make the church as beautiful as I could........decorating and painting the entire church myself..... not to mention the years I took half salaries.....not to mention holding singing classes, seminars...parish outreach....special services throughout the years with a handful of people attending.......
and finally not to mention the bishop telling the vipers to lock me out of the church as I prepared to come down to gather my personal belongings....then he suspends me without pay, without even considering doing the proper thing and sending me a check for past years compensation that I did not take just to make ends meet, then removing my faculties, and basically feeling more sorry, as you and Fr.G do, for the poor parishioners than for their pastor that they attempted to destroy. Talk about feeling like Jesus during Holy Week!
I was on the cusp of a nervous breakdown when I finally needed to resign, bled of all feelings for ministry and quite low....and all the bishop can do is be upset with me that I left him a predicament, and that I should have stayed until he found someone to replace me....He cared not for my well being, nor did he show real anger towards the parishioners who were in effect defaming one of his priests. All he cared about was filling a slot that no one wanted.....It seems that he likes the “parada”  parading around in fancy vestments and taking pictures in parishes that are dying all over his eparchy. Yet when it comes to compassion and support...well, he has none for his priests.....
Fort Pierce does not deserve a priest. They need purging. In fact they do not deserve the care they are presently getting in my opinion especially when they have managed to drain a fellow priest of all priestly zeal. Sure Fr.G can run up there and make cameo appearances  and get all the adulation and praise from them since he does not have to make the hard decisions a pastor would have to make collect his money and leave.  If he does it because he feels sorry for them he should think about the damage they inflicted on a brother priest........and mark my words, they will do it to anyone who might dare to go there including him if they have not already started.
The way I felt, as Jesus said in Matthew 10: Wash your feet from that place if they do not accept the Word....they didn’t kill a prophet to be sure, but they did inflict grave harm on a priest and they will have to answer for that if not now, in the next world, and as Jesus also said: better for Sodom and Gomorrah than for them.... I could not agree more!
It is clear to me that they need to be cleansed of the venomous vipers that are there or the sickness of spirit will spread.  They have big problems with a fanatical few doing great damage, and while they’re spreading calumny, the others could care less, as no one defended me then, and only three have come to my defense or written a letter of support for the blood sweat and tears...time talent and treasure I gave to that parish in the hopes that it could be filled with loving caring people.  It will not as long as you have members who are filled with hate for priests, are faithless,  suspicious, apathetic and distrusting. I heard that A&JP who left the parish  have since returned to open and welcoming arms since that SOB Fr. Michael has left. So there you have it.  They won and that’s ok for now.  All I was was a celibate priest trying to make a difference...trying to keep the traditions of our church alive and made anew...but evil won out..supported and encouraged by of all people the bishop. ..Yes,  hatred conquered and destroyed all the good I was trying to accomplish....... I left there an empty priest hoping to regain my health and dignity as a person... and I didn’t deserve the way I was treated by them. I was thrown under the bus.. . and my brother priests involved, and especially the bishop...backed up over me.  And you are asking me to help those ingrates out?
Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment